Pierce County Middle School is a learning community focused on maximizing achievement and promoting excellence for all.
- We believe learning experiences at PCMS help prepare students for their role as citizens and life-long learners.
- We believe PCMS is a safe environment where students feel comfortable exploring new ideas and engaging in the classroom environment.
- We believe our school's collaborative environment creates instructional cohesion that positively impacts student achievement.
- We have high expectations for all students.
- All students can learn, provided adequate time, differentiated instruction, and specific descriptive feedback.
- We believe instruction must be data-driven and based on the needs of all students.
- We believe in students actively participating in the learning process facilitated by their teachers.
- We believe regular attendance directly correlates with student achievement.
- We believe striving for excellence in academics, athletics, the arts, and extracurricular activities helps develop well-rounded individuals.